11.20.2007

A Few Tidbits of Randomness

I'm sorry to have been so absent lately, but lately I've needed to do actual work while I'm here at my desk, and that has significantly cut down on my blogging time. I hope you understand. I still love you.


Work. Yeah. It's an effort to get through a day without crying. Enough said.


I talked to my BFF Betsy on the phone after playing phone tag with her for a few weeks. She lives in NH, near where I went to college. We met about 15 years ago in a women's studies class and practically fell in love with each other. She's 54 years old, and she's a real, live, actual hippie. Since her mother died a few months ago, and she had no one else to take care of, she's been living with our friend Mel and her family on Mel's goat farm (hippies! I told you!) and working part time making Badger Balm. She doesn't do "alone" well, and so we had originally planned for her to come spend some time living with us, but then Mel called and said she could really actually use some help on the farm, so she decided to go there instead. It's just as well. Hippies need to live in the country. They don't do so well in the Suburbs. But anyway... the point is that Betsy is coming on Friday to spend the weekend, and I'm sooooooo excited because I haven't seen her in WAY too long.


Kidlet had her holiday card pictures taken in her Christmas dress. I have no idea how she got to be so photogenic, but she is. There has never been a bad picture taken of this child.


She's holding Baily bear, her latest bestest friend. Her crib now contains her, Baily, Frog, Elmo, Baxter bear, Floppy bear, Fluffy bunny, Myrtle turtle, and Ramunto (he's a dog-- don't ask...). When I go to get her up in the morning, I practically have to dig her out from the pile of stuffed animals and 47 blankets. She's like one of those OCD hoarder people. If she starts refusing to throw stuff away, I'm going to have to stage an intervention.






My Mom is heavy into her Thanksgiving plans. She LIVES for the holidays. The more people in her house at once, the better. I'm bringing my "famous" carrot cake, as requested. I don't think it's all that famous, but it sure is tasty. I have been told by several family members that if I show up without carrot cake, I'm not going to be allowed into the house.

Kidlet has recently entered a nekkid phase. What's up with this? To my knowledge, LT has never been naked in her life. I'm pretty sure she wears socks in the shower. So how is it that her protege is running around all over the place with no clothes on? Is this a normal kid thing, or should I be concerned?

Anyway... Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to all. May your turkey coma be restful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's adorable :-) Happy thanksgiving