6.02.2008

Bad Blogger! Bad!

I know I've been not so much with the posting lately, and for that I am sorry. As it turns out, going to a job every day that I actually like keeps me pretty busy doing... uh, work. Therefore, a lot less time to blog. Also, those other people that live in my house are so demanding of my time! They want to, like, talk to me and go places with me and stuff.

I've now surpassed the halfway mark of my weight loss goal. I'm down 55 pounds as of this morning, and I've gone from wearing size 20 pants to size 14. Every day is shocking and amazing when I look at what has been accomplished in such a short amount of time. The outside of me is certainly dramatically different (I haven't weighed less than 200 pounds since high school), but I also just feel so much better.

I can not count the many different kinds of awesome this new job of mine is. I love my boss, and I love her boss, and they both love me, and I feel really good about the work I'm doing and how well I've been able to do it. I was able to understand and pick up and just do this job way faster than I ever would have anticipated, and I don't even mind having to wear pantyhose and high heels and makeup every day (I actually kinda like it). It's done wonders for my self-esteem, and it makes me happy. I help people who need help without having to be immersed in the negative, hectic, stressful, unhealthy environment that most nursing is done in. I walk a fine line between what is good for the Insured and what is good for the company, but I take comfort in knowing that my judgment will always be backed up by my boss, and that insurance policy contracts are binding legal documents.

It's been a pretty busy couple of months around the Suburban Lesbian household. Kidlet is growing like a weed and becoming more and more of an actual person every day, which alternately delights me and freaks me out. LT and I are busy trying to get our house ready to put it on the market. My grandparents' estate has finally been settled, and we are in the process of buying a house lot from the town (the town bought the land from the Estate, and now we need to buy it back... it's so complicated and stupid because of my mother's psycho, mean siblings, but ultimately we will all get what we deserve, so... MOVING ON!). The garden is crazy blooming and gorgeous, so LT is freaking out about actually selling the house, but I keep reminding her that it will be worthwhile in the end if she will JUST CHILL and she can TAKE the goddamn rose bushes with us if they are so important OH MY GOD!

Ahem.

My dear brother sent his Top Chef audition video in 2 weeks ago, and we are now all waiting with bated breath for a decision, which should be coming sometime in the next 2 weeks. He was a finalist for last season and was invited by the production team to submit a new video for the upcoming season, so we are all very hopeful. Fingers crossed, internet!

I'm off now for a board meeting. My colleagues and I are meeting the investors for the first time, and we're all atwitter. And also highly anxious. I'll tell you all about it if I ever manage to post again. Just kidding... it may take me another month to formulate some coherent sentences, but I love my reader(s) too much to abandon you outright.

*Kisses!*

1 comment:

shrimplate said...

Whenever I don't know how to get going I just say "bark-park" over and over. Once I get started I can hardly stop.

Bark-park.

The dogs have learned to just ignore me.